Friday, December 7, 2012

I was inspired...

 

After seeing numerous examples of clever busy books/ quiet books on Pinterest and Google, I decided I was up for the challenge. I was a bit nervous as I hadn't taken out my sewing machine in a couple of years. Not even to mend a hem. And I don't have the latest and greatest sewing machine. In fact I am the proud owner of my mother's 1953 Singer 301A. I have no idea where my button hole or zig zag attachments are. Sigh.



 

Yet I was undaunted. Off to the local craft store I went. Sheets of felt, buttons, thread, ribbon. I decided to make a busy book to gift my son on Christmas. I started on November 4th. Crazy! I decided, for some unknown reason, to make a book with 20 pages. How I came up with number I do not know. Double crazy! What happened over a month's time was a journey to say the least. Some pages were a struggle. Others were a breeze. But within 30 days, I had my 20-page busy book completed.

 
I would like to share mine with you to give back to the art. I have no templates to offer sadly. I hope that some of my pages may inspire you with new ideas and pages of your own. A big thanks goes out to all the ladies that have taken the time to post their work. I know how how much time it takes to create the books themselves. But the sharing of ideas with others is so important. If it were not for you, I wouldn't be reciprocating now. I hope you get some fresh ideas from Busy Quiet Books!

No comments:

Post a Comment