Sunday, December 9, 2012

Daddy's Wallet


 
Mommy's purse and/or wallet have
 been ransacked numerous times. When is it going to be Daddy's turn?
 
Finally here is a chance for your child to see what is in Daddy's wallet! This is a tri-fold felt wallet sewn flat onto the page. A photocopy of the hub's actual driver's license adds an air of authenticity. Every time my little one saw this page the first thing he did was tap Daddy's face and smile. If you go this route, please protect his identity in case the book gets lost. I scribbled out his birthdate and driver's license number before I sewed it in. Before I posted this photo I took it over to Microsoft Paint and added black rectangles to further protect. Enough said.
 
I cut out a color copy of his license on paper and then sewed it under a piece of poly vinyl. I added gold ricrac to frame the photo. I had a set of plastic photo holders from a cheap fabric wallet laying around that I sewed in on the right side of the wallet. A copy of my little cutie's passport photo was put in there. You can add siblings, photos of your house, pets, anything you may imagine Daddy might have in his wallet. (Yes, I was tempted to put in all sorts of joke items for my kid to 'find' in Daddy's wallet...but in the ended it needed to be rated G. ;) )
 
 
On the left side is a small zippered coin pouch that holds toy coinage. Behind that are three credit card slots. Each card has had a hole punched into it and is sewn with a tether to the wallet. I used an expired Visa, a used gift card and my VIP card to Legoland. Behind this is bill slot. Everything here has been covered in clear contact paper for durability. There is a ticket for a hockey game, three one hundred dollar bills (What's in Pimp Daddy's wallet?!) and a biweekly paycheck that has been dummied up in the amount of $10,000. For the Ben Franklin's I printed out a jpg I found online. For all of three seconds I felt like a counterfeiter. The back of the bills are blank so I don't think the Feds will be knocking on my door anytime soon.
 
 
But wait, there's more. Behind the plastic photo sleeve there is a HIDDEN POCKET. In this pocket there is a tethered key and a slip of paper that seems to be a combination to a safe. What is the key to? What is in Dad's safe? Is Dad a secret spy? Consider adding some element of surprise to your page. After all, Dad is a man of mystery.
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment