Saturday, December 8, 2012

Underground Maze


This was a quick page to make. I used textured maroon felt to make the page page feel like red clay soil. Over this is a sheet of 3 mm plastic. I have read on other blogs that some have had trouble sewing through their plastic in projects. I zero problems. Perhaps it is because I used a very thin plastic (purchased in the home decor fabrics section at JoAnn's) or maybe it is because I am used my indestructable Singer 301A. My advice is to pin, pin, pin the plastic to the felt before sewing to prevent shifting.

The marble (representing the ant at the top of the page) is sewn under the plastic and cannot be removed so there is no chance of a choking hazard. The reflection of the plastic in this photo makes it hard to sdee the stiching of the maze...it is fairly straightforward with one or two dead ends. The ant is tired and is trying to make it to his bed in the lower right hand corner of the page.


Under the grass there are two friends, a ladybug and a wiggle worm.

That's it. Pretty straightforward and cute!

No comments:

Post a Comment