Monday, December 10, 2012

Circus Tent

 
The circus is in town. The main purpose of this page is hand eye coordination and practicing zipper skills. When the circus tent is zipped open...
 
 
there are two circus acts inside. The elephant is balancing on a ball that rotates on a brad. The lion is tethered to the page and can jump through a ring of fire. The ring was cut from a thick felt coaster I purchased in a four pack at Michael's. I cut out the Christmas design in the middle and kept just the outer red ring. Then I sewed on orange and yellow flames. The base of the ring is sewn to the page itself but there is plenty of give to allow the ring to be raised vertical for the lion to perform.
 
This brings me to character design. As I have said earlier in this blog, I do not use templates. I search the Internet for images that I think are attract. Then happily I have enough skill to freehand cut something similar. I am not artistic enough to dream up a cute animal on my own.
 
Here is the lion artwork I used as inspration for mine. It is not an exact match but gave me enough of a template to work from. Google whatever you are looking for and then the word 'cartoon' or 'illustration' to find options.
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment